How to Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your YouTube Channel
How to Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your YouTube Channel with Jenny Blaisdell of Confetti Social: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 121
“I wanted to turn my own social media into something bigger than what it was.”
Don’t miss out! Apply to the wait list for the Beauty and the Vlog YouTube Bootcamp now to ensure you grab your spot!
If you’re looking to uplevel your career as a content creator and drive traffic to your YouTube channel, then using Pinterest for YouTube just might be the game changer you’re looking for! Jenny Blaisdell, of Confetti Social, talks to us about leveraging social media platforms such as Pinterest to help boost your traffic and help you gain subscribers. Not only does she talk about the ins and outs of Pinterest, but Jenny also shares her story of how she first started as a blogger and her unexpected success with her blogging and business.
Jenny is a social media strategist and coach who helps female entrepreneurs uplevel their business one social media post at a time. She also hosts the Savvy Social Hour podcast, which strives to help passionate women uplevel their businesses and become rockstar entrepreneurs in no time.
“The actual influencer does not have to be behind the social media post.”
Before creating Confetti Social, Jenny used to work as an intern in the oil and gas industry. In 2015, she discovered blogging as a creative outlet from her boring day job and did not expect the kind of success she has today. Now, when she’s not working on her business or recording podcast episodes, she’s hanging out with her husband and goldendoodle pup.
“[Social media] is being able to interact with people.”
9 Key Interview Takeaways
- Re-evaluate everything that you’re doing on social media. If you’re a blogger who’s looking to fuel your blog, Jenny advises you to look at your Google analytics and see which posts really resonate with your audience and go from there.
- Write content that your audience cares about. Jenny says, “If you’re writing content that your audience doesn’t care about, then you’re not going to see good results. You need to write about what your audience is really wanting from you versus what you want to write about.”
- Focus on social media. If you’re looking to grow your audience, focus on leveraging social media platforms such as Pinterest. If you’re a YouTuber, using Pinterest for YouTube can definitely help increase your traffic.
- Take Pinterest seriously. It’s more of a search engine than a social media platform and works not only for blogs and websites but also for YouTube channels. Optimize your profile from the get-go and get a business account. If you’re a vlogger, using Pinterest for YouTube will definitely be a game changer for your channel.
- Make a board that’s specifically dedicated to pins that go straight to your YouTube videos. In order to use Pinterest for YouTube in the best way possible, you need a board that houses all of your pins, otherwise, no one is going to know what you’re doing or they’re not going to be able to find those pins.
- Join group boards. That’s the way that you will get traffic to those pins, and consequently get traffic to your videos and your channel. A good group board has a high following but doesn’t have a high number of contributors. You don’t want your content to end up buried under a huge amount of other people’s content.
- Pin and keep on pinning! Jenny recommends pinning 30 to 50 items every single day, but these pins include not only your own content. Jenny says, “It’s not that hard to pin that many pins when you’re only pinning some of your own content.”
- Utilize Rich Pins. Jenny shares, “Rich Pins are where your pin has a bolder title and stands out more on the feed because it has your website at the bottom. That really helps you stand out.”
- Outsource some of your social media work. You want to be a good fit for the person that you are going to work with, so you need make sure that you mesh well.
Apply to the wait list for the Beauty and the Vlog YouTube Bootcamp now to ensure your spot!
Check out my interview on Jenny’s new podcast the Savvy Social Hour!
My favorite free SEO tool for YouTube: TubeBuddy
Getting Started on YouTube: The #1 Downloaded Free Niche Discovery Workbook
Connect with Jenny Blaisdell
Other Episodes You Might Like: