Turning Your Passion into a Profitable Online Brand
Turning Your Passion Into a Profitable Online Brand with Amber of SweetAmbsCookies: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 111
“Even the stuff that didn’t turn out great, it’s always a learning experience.”
What are you passionate about? Wouldn’t it be amazing to be able to earn a living out of what you love to do? Has the idea ever crossed your mind? What is the secret to turning your passion into a profitable online brand?
Amber of SweetAmbsCookies started sharing her passion for cookie decorating on YouTube after realizing people were actually more interested in learning how she made her cookies than buying them. Her eye-catching cookie decorating videos became so popular she decided to stop selling cookies on ETSY and instead focus on teaching others how to decorate their own cookies through YouTube videos and in-person classes.
“I really think passion will show through and people will enjoy watching what you’re doing.”
Amber didn’t originally set out to become a cookie decorating instructor, but she has always enjoyed baking and she’s also an artist. By combining her two passions, she was able to create a profitable online brand that has allowed her the flexibility of working for herself as well as be able to help support her family by doing what she loves. Amber is a mother of a nine-month old baby and she is able to work full-time producing cookie decorating tutorials.
“It’s nice not to have to rely on one single thing especially as it gets more difficult to reach people.”
Amber has over 1.1 million followers on Instagram, almost 700k YouTube subscribers, and 75 million video views.! Let’s be inspired by her success and create a profitable online brand of our own!
“There’s nothing to lose by starting a channel and trying it out.”
7 Key Interview Takeaways
- Join a YouTube Network. We could all use the support of a community that shares our passion. YouTube networks can guide you on how to make your channel more organized and help push you to upload on a regular basis.
- Challenge yourself to come up with new stuff for your YouTube channel. This may mean switching away from your original style from time to time and turning to pop culture for inspiration. This really helps to generate an audience and gain subscribers.
- Don’t just stick to a single platform. Put yourself out there, where more people could find you. The more platforms you utilize, the faster you can build a profitable online brand.
- Differentiate between what you put out as free content VS premium content. If you’re selling tutorials, your premium content should contain more of the essentials of your brand as well as more information. Be careful not to put these out in your YouTube videos to be fair to the people who already purchased them.
- Don’t shy away from doing sponsored posts. Especially if you’re doing an event, trying to reach people in a specific area could be really hard. Through a sponsored post you can specify the kind of people you want to see that post and from which towns or cities.
- Keep the action going in your videos. Don’t just talk and not do anything. Some people will click away once they get bored.
- Find other people who share your passion. Reach out to them through social media and show genuine interest in their content.
Amber SweetAmbsCookies’ Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Amber’s video: Flooding Technique Using Royal Icing
Amber’s Video: How To Decorate Makeup Cookies With Royal Icing!
Tastemade’s YouTube Channel
Tastemade TV’s Cookie News Playlist
Haniela’s YouTube Channel
cutepolish’s YouTube Channel
Connect with Amber SweetAmbsCookies