The Viral Video Beauty Queen Reveals Her YouTube Secrets
The Viral Video Beauty Queen Reveals Her YouTube Secrets with Mayra Garcia AKA Mayratouchofglam: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 100
“We all do this because we love it but it is nice to get recognized for your work.” – Mayra Garcia
Have you had thoughts about starting a YouTube channel but don’t have the confidence or are too shy to take the plunge? Check out today’s episode and see how our guest overcame her fears and shyness to become YouTube’s viral video beauty queen.
Mayra Isabel Garcia, of Mayratouchofglam, knew from the start that she wanted to have her own YouTube channel. But she didn’t always have the confidence from the get go nor did she expect to end up with a viral video that would boost her to stardom. Now, her beauty channel has around 1.7 million subscribers and 111 million views.
“I think my craziest videos are the ones that help me out the most.” – Mayra Garcia
As a freelance makeup artist, Mayra was encouraged by the people around her to start posting her own makeup tutorials. She initially did it just for fun. It wasn’t until she was tapped by StyleHaul that she realized she could actually get paid and build a career around it. She quit her day job and devoted more time to her channel, posting videos a lot more consistently than when she first started.
Rather than just sticking to makeup tutorials, Mayra felt the need to step out of her comfort zone and try different things. Just to change things up a bit, she started doing challenges and reviews of certain products and is now having a lot more fun with it all.
When she had her first viral video, she was shocked. She absolutely didn’t expect that it would get over 1 million views overnight and hit 15 million views in just a week. Although there’s no formula to making a viral video, Mayra says that it’s her craziest videos that help her out the most.
5 Key Interview Takeaways
- ) Just start with what you have. A lot of people think they need an expensive camera and expensive lighting before they can start filming their videos, but this isn’t true. Just use what you have around you. Mayra says, “It doesn’t matter if you don’t have the best computer or the best camera out there. Just start with what you have and eventually you can work your way up to better things.”
- ) Don’t fake it. Sometimes people choose to be fake because they believe people aren’t going to like their true selves. However, if you do that, people are going to recognize you’re not being truthful and will eventually find out that you’re being fake in front of the camera. So, just be yourself from the very start. Believe that people will like you for who you really are.
- ) Think outside the box. Having that one viral video would really help your channel get noticed and earn you thousands if not millions of subscribers.
- ) Don’t let hate comments get to you. Hate comments will pop out now and then but don’t ever let them get to you. You don’t always have to defend yourself or explain yourself to haters. It’s best to just ignore them and move on and just laugh them all away.
- ) Get confidence from your audience. Feed off the positive comments from your viewers and get encouragement from them. There’s nothing like a compliment that could make your day.
Mayra‘s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Connect with Mayra
Other Episodes You Might Like