The Power of an Influencer Community
The Power of an Influencer Community with Annie Spano: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 118
“We’re just trying to make a difference in the world through our craft and our passion.”
Download the newest FREE Guide: How to Get onto PR Lists as an Influencer and get LOTS of FREE product
How important is it for an influencer to have a support system? Wouldn’t it be great if you were a part of an influencer community that empowers you as you pursue your passion and turn it into a business? Let’s find out in today’s episode as we explore the power of an influencer community with Style Collective’s Annie Spano.
Style Collective is an influencer community for women to connect, grow, and learn how to be successful bloggers and entrepreneurs. Prior to starting Style Collective, Annie had been in a toxic work situation in her corporate job after she had graduated from her MBA and realized she needed to get out. She felt the need to be around other people that were positive and inspiring. She also needed to be where she could be a leader and empower women.
She started her blog in October 2015 and did some consulting through it for a local boutique. She began to know other fashion bloggers that were starting at the same time and she connected with these women on a deeper level. She became best friends with some of them and she started a Facebook group for all of them to connect with each other, to share tips and ideas with each other, and encourage each other. Through that, Annie saw the power of an influencer community.
Now, Annie connects women from all over the world through community and empowers them to do what they love through leadership and influencer education. Annie is the host of the Becoming Fearless Podcast, blogs at anniespano.com, and is a public speaker.
“My tribe is influencers because they’re the same as me.”
7 Key Interview Takeaways
- Have a vision and lead people towards it. As an influencer, you are in a leadership role. You have to have a vision of the world that does not yet exist and the ability to communicate it and help them get there; especially if you’re working to influence others in an influencer community.
- Tell your story. There’s a lot of power in storytelling. You must have a story that other people can relate to, that they can understand and can identify with. That’s how you cultivate your community and your tribe.
- You need to get your values out there. What is it that you believe in the most? Is it integrity, positivity, or something else entirely? When you put your values out there, you will attract people who believe in the same things as you and people who are able to see your vision of the world that does not yet exist.
- Find your ‘why’ and center on it. Having a support system and bouncing ideas off other people that are already in the space is key to finding your ‘why’. Your why will set you apart and will keep you from burning out.
- Realize that you are a brand. When it comes to branding, it all comes down to sharing your worldview, your values, what it is that you believe in, and making sure the things you are doing are represented in your brand.
- Be clear about who you are, what you believe, and what you want to be known for. Being consistent and authentic is critical to being successful in cultivating an audience and generating the kind of engagement that everyone strives for.
- Find the silver lining in everything you do. Instead of always looking at how you can grow more on Instagram, it’s important to have a mindset of gratitude. Instead of always wanting more followers, look at the amazing tribe you have built and look at it from a place of gratitude.
Apply to the wait list for the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind
How to Monetize Your Influence and Stand Out from the Influencer Crowd!
My favorite free SEO tool for YouTube: TubeBuddy
Getting Started on YouTube: The #1 Downloaded Free Niche Discovery Workbook
Connect with Annie
This episode is sponsored by Tomorrow Sleep. Their unique hybrid construction combines cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system in the perfect balance of cool comfort and support for real, restorative sleep. Enter promo code VLOG150 at checkout to receive $150 off purchases of $500 or more!