The Best YouTube Marketing Tips in 2017
The Best YouTube Marketing Tips in 2017 with Lifestyle Design Influencer and YouTuber Aileen Xu: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 109
“Life is an art, make it your masterpiece.”
As you might already know by now, anybody can start a YouTube channel, but not everybody becomes successful at it. It takes hard work and sometimes even a little bit of luck. In fact, when you think about growing your number of subscribers, you have to think creatively and not only as a content creator but also as a marketer. Luckily for you, in today’s episode, we’re talking about some of the best YouTube marketing tips in 2017. So, make sure to perk up your ears and listen as our lovely guest, Aileen Xu, shares with us how she’s been marketing her channel and her videos.
Aileen is a lifestyle design YouTube creator and podcast host. Throughout college, she posted videos on YouTube just for fun. At that time, she was into music and so she would post videos of herself doing covers of songs. Later, she came up with the idea of sharing all that she’s learned about improving her life using the YouTube platform. She then made a new channel, Lavendaire, through which she empowers millennials around the globe to embrace their true potential and create their dream life.
“Consistency is super important on YouTube.”
When Aileen decided to quit her day job to focus only on her YouTube channel, she said she took a leap of faith. She now uploads twice a week and has about 300k subscribers and 18 million video views. With the best YouTube marketing tips in 2017, you can get the confidence to make that leap yourself!
“Once you have momentum, you don’t want to stop.”
8 Key Interview Takeaways
- Package your videos in a way that they target the mainstream audience. This is the first among several YouTube marketing tips in 2017 that you should keep in mind. When you’re trying to grow, you have to think about the people who don’t know you and package your videos in such a way that a stranger would want to watch them.
- There has to be a balance in the types of videos you make. Sometimes you make videos for people who know you and like you, and then sometimes you make videos for people who don’t know you.
- Study YouTube videos and be aware of what works and what doesn’t. You’re not doing this to copy from other YouTubers but to get ideas and put your own twist on them as you make your videos.
- Be aware of what grabs people’s attention. What makes a person click on one video versus the other ten that are up on their page? You ought to be able to develop an intuition on what types of topics will work better.
- The number of views that you get in the first 24 hours is really important. It’s really important to create your community and create your world online with the people who follow you and who are loyal to you because when it comes to brand sponsorships, they want to see the engagement.
- Don’t rely on ads. Think of other ways that you can create an income.
- Create your own product. This is another one of the YouTube marketing tips in 2017 that you should definitely consider doing. It’s the smart thing to do if you are an influencer. The best way to bring in income, and have complete control over it, is to figure out a way to create something on your own and have it on your own platform.
- Be deliberate and intentional with your videos. The secret to growing faster is to not make random videos.
Aileen Xu’ Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Watercolor Leaves Journal| Sony DSC-RX100/B Digital Camera| Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera Body| Sigma 35mm Lens for Canon| Rode VMGO Video Microphone| EM Cosmetics Felt Tip / Illustrative Eyeliner|
Aileen’s Journaling Video Collection
Aileen’s Video: 23 Habits of Highly Successful People
Aileen’s Video: BE INSPIRED | How to find inspiration
How to Fold Shirts & Tank Tops | KonMari Method by Marie Kondo
IAMKARENO’s YouTube Channel
Connect with Aileen Xu
Other Episodes You Might Like
The Best YouTube Thumbnail Tips with Karina Garcia