The Best Growth Hacks Every Influencer Needs to Know For Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram
The Best Growth Hacks Every Influencer Needs to Know For Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram with Blogger Angela Lanter: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 114
“Facebook is like Pinterest, it’s so underused by bloggers.”
Download the newest FREE Guide: How to Get onto PR Lists as an Influencer and get LOTS of FREE product
Gaining popularity as a blogger or YouTuber doesn’t happen overnight. It takes hard work to put content out there consistently and have people notice you. Since Instagram started, the platform has helped content creators gain subscribers from all over the world. It’s a safe bet that gaining followers using a growth hack for Instagram would also give you a bump in followers on your blog and an increase in your YouTube subscribers as well.
So, what’s a good growth hack for Instagram? Let’s find out from our guest, Angela Lanter. In this episode, she talks about her best growth hack for Instagram, her journey as a content creator, and a whole lot more!
“New platforms come out all the time and you don’t know what’s going to take off.”
Born and raised in Northeast Ohio, Angela took her first job as a hairstylist and makeup artist working at a small salon giving makeovers for Glamour photos at the age of 15. While in college, she continued to pursue her love of beauty by freelancing for proms, weddings, and other special events. Even after getting a “real job,” she continued to sharpen her beauty skills by watching YouTube tutorials at night for inspiration.
“I think YouTube will always be around.”
After many years of watching and learning, it was time to start creating her content. In February 2013, Angela launched “Hello Gorgeous” and, in October, her subsequent YouTube channel. By December, she was named as an official PopSugar Select Blogger and was featured as the #1 ShopStyle Lay Down Campaign Blogger. Recognizing her passion for Hello Gorgeous, Angela left her career to take it full-time. By providing her readers with fashion, beauty, and lifestyle tips, she hopes to help each woman feel and look her best inside and out.
“So much of fashion blogging nowadays has been diluted to just photos.”
8 Key Interview Takeaways
- Build a loyal audience by being consistent and creative with your posts. Make no excuses with regards to consistency and make the effort to put more substance to your content. Talk about what other bloggers aren’t talking about.
- Grow your followers on Instagram. A growth hack for Instagram could be the key to getting your name out there.
- Make use of Pinterest! Pinterest is very important for bloggers. Consider putting your YouTube videos on there. It’s so underused and underrated, but Angela honestly believes that her biggest source of traffic was Pinterest.
- Make sure you diversify. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. In other words, don’t stick to just one platform.
- Utilize Facebook! It doesn’t make sense that you have hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions of followers on your blog, and then have only a few hundred, maybe a few thousand likes on your Facebook page.
- Posting a photo on Instagram does way better than if you were to post it directly on Facebook. Angela says she has tested this again and again and she swears that you will see more engagement on that, coming from your Instagram.
- Boost your posts on Facebook. Facebook ads are so smart when used strategically. You’ll be able to reach people you would not have been able to reach otherwise.
- Don’t ever edit your captions on Instagram. If you do, you lose your chance to be on the discover page. If ever you want to edit a post, it would be better for you to just take it off and repost it.
My favorite free SEO tool for YouTube: TubeBuddy
Getting Started on YouTube: The #1 Downloaded Free Niche Discovery Workbook
Connect with Angela
This episode is sponsored by Tomorrow Sleep. Their unique hybrid construction combines cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system in the perfect balance of cool comfort and support for real, restorative sleep. Enter promo code VLOG150 at checkout to receive $150 off purchases of $500 or more!