The Secret to YouTube Success That You Need To Know
The Secret to YouTube Success That You Need To Know with Raven Elyse: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 105
“YouTube was my guilty pleasure.”
Success is something we all want to achieve but it’s not always easy to come by. You’ve probably heard many YouTube content creators talk about their stories, how they first started their channels, how they struggled, and how they eventually gained thousands of subscribers to finally achieve YouTube success. However, when you look at the sheer number of YouTube channels out there, you can definitely say not everyone becomes successful. So, what is the secret to YouTube success?
Luckily, the gorgeous and adorable Raven Elyse from Austin, Texas is sharing her own secret to YouTube success!
“Always, real-life experience is better than reading anything in a book.”
Known for her transparency and her slightly sarcastic sense of humor, Raven often describes her life as #shambles. She first started posting DIY, hair, and makeup YouTube videos just for fun back when she was only a freshman in high school. By the time she graduated from college in 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, she was already a full-time media influencer. Her channel has grown consistently over time and she recently reached over 500,000 subscribers and 41 million video views!
“I naturally came up and grew as YouTube grew.”
How she did do it? What is the secret? Well, the secret is this: Being truly passionate about YouTube itself and not doing it for the money, fame, or views. Act as if YouTube will not pay you anything or get you any type of fame or recognition. You have to be THAT passionate about it, otherwise you will give up and/or burn out.
As for Raven, whether it’s through her YouTube channel, blog, Instagram, or Snapchat, her ultimate goal is to entertain, educate, and inspire others. That’s her passion. That’s her secret to YouTube success!
6 Key Interview Takeaways
- Take things up a notch. When Raven decided to take YouTube more seriously and to change her channel from the one she had back in high school, she upgraded everything and gave her new channel a more professional look. Not only did she invest in new equipment but also in new software and in learning more when it came to editing.
- Put effort into editing your videos. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Improve and upgrade as you go. Make it unique and eye-catching, and don’t forget to enjoy the process!
- Know what you’re getting yourself into. When you’re doing a brand deal, make sure that you read the contract and that you’re fully okay with what they’re asking of you before you sign it. You wouldn’t want to end up having to make and post videos that you’re not proud of or do things that you’re not happy with.
- Be your own boss. The management and business side of YouTube is a lot of work to put on all on one person but, if you can handle it, it’s worth it. At some point, you’re probably going to have to hire someone to help you with things you just can’t handle physically by yourself anymore. But while you still can handle it, just do it yourself and keep all the money in your pocket.
- Be trendy if you want to keep up. This is the internet and you have to be timely with certain things. You have to be able to be trendy if you want to keep up and put yourself out there to where people can find you.
- Try something new. Raven says, “Don’t try to do the things that are already viral because that just means it’s already been done and it’s already been seen and nobody’s looking for that anymore.” And she adds, “Try to do something a little bit outside of your comfort zone. People will probably notice you and appreciate you for it.”
Raven Elyse’s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Super Spot Treatment by Origins| Marc Jacobs Foundation| L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara| Canon EOS 80D| Canon EF 50mm Lens| Neewer Ring Light and Light Stand | LimoStudio Softbox Lighting Kit| Sony HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder| Rode VMGO Video Mic
How to Make a Dress from a T-shirt
LOOKBOOK| Chic Outfits for Fall 2015
Raven’s Former YouTube Channel
Carli Bybel’s YouTube Channel
Nicole Guerriero’s YouTube Channel
Connect with Raven Elyse