How One Fitness Influencer Blew Up Fast on YouTube
How One Fitness Influencer Blew Up Fast on YouTube with Amanda Bucci: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 103
“YouTube is obviously an amazing vehicle to get clients, to get business.”
Are you ready to take YouTube seriously and make that transition from your current job to being a full-time YouTube content creator? It’s not an easy decision to make, and achieving success on YouTube is certainly no easy feat. However, for fitness influencer, Amanda Bucci, making that transition was empowering!
“I wanted people to take some piece of value out of it at the end of the day.”
Amanda Bucci made that transition and began having the time of her life! She was absolutely loving what she did, helping people with fitness through her videos that she was uploading at least five times per week! With her bikini competition series called “That Prep Life,” her YouTube channel subscribers went from 6k to 100k in only 6 months.
“Getting noticed comes from doing videos that potentially could go viral.”
Growing up in Rhode Island, Amanda had no idea having a YouTube channel, and being a YouTuber, was even a thing. When she did finally get started on YouTube, it was by sharing her fitness journey, educating her audience, and gaining fast exposure in the fitness industry.
“I like to make sure I get a good mix of informational versus vlog videos.”
Amanda has now branched out to start her own podcast and showing others how to grow their own personal brands. She is passionate about fitness, business, and self-development and wants to help ignite the fire of millions by sharing her knowledge and leading by example.
8 Key Interview Takeaways
- Set a goal for yourself. When Amanda decided to take YouTube seriously, she did it with a goal in mind. In March 2016, when she had only 6k subscribers, she made it her goal to reach 100k by the end of the year and started to consistently upload more videos from then on.
- It’s not about always coming up with the most interesting topics. Amanda realized that for vloggers, it’s really just documenting and telling a story about what you’re doing in your everyday life. If you’re a fitness influencer, there is always plenty to share because you could just be recording your workouts in the gym or what healthy foods you’re eating and you’ll never run out of content.
- Make content around questions that your fitness clients are asking. Look in the comments section of your YouTube channel and see what types of questions they are asking. Whether you’re a fitness influencer or a beauty and lifestyle vlogger, the people that you’re speaking to directly through your videos or through personal coaching are people who are looking to get answers, and there is a market for that.
- Consider having an upload schedule. If you’re a fitness influencer, you might have a lot of other stuff going on, not just YouTube, so keeping a schedule and an outline of your videos would be a good idea.
- Travel. Your audience will expand based off your travels to different areas around the country and the world. Location-wise, geographically-wise, people are interested in watching videos filmed in the places where live.
- Get exposure by collaborating with people in the same circle as you who are already big on YouTube. Frequent places you can meet them, build relationships, and create your network. When you do get that exposure, make sure the people who click on you would want to follow you and subscribe.
- Consider having a trailer video. Tell people who you are and what you are all about and invite people to subscribe to your channel.
- Prepare yourself ahead of time so when people do find you they won’t think twice about subscribing. Make sure you have your homepage all set up, get yourself a banner, and make sure people know when you’re uploading.
Amanda Bucci’s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Bikini Competitor VS The Rest of the World | Ep. 48
Christian Guzman’s YouTube Channel
Maxx Chewning’s YouTube Channel
SophiaThiel’s YouTube Channel
Barbell Brigade’s YouTube Channel
Connect with Amanda Bucci