Why You Need to Plan and Schedule Your Blog Content as a Blogger and YouTube Creator
Why You Need to Plan and Schedule Your Blog Content as a Blogger and YouTube Creator with Nikole of HealthNut Nutrition: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 113
“Let yourself be creative and find your own groove.”
Download the newest FREE Guide: How to Get onto PR Lists as an Influencer and get LOTS of FREE product
Do you randomly blog or post videos in your YouTube channel, or do you plan and schedule your blog content? Well, today we will learn from our guest why it’s far better to do the latter and take a look at all the benefits you can get by keeping track of trends, events and holidays, and keeping a content calendar of what you’re going to post and when.
Nikole is the face behind the popular health food and lifestyle YouTube channel, HealthNut Nutrition. She is a passionate “health nut” who inspires her viewers to live an active, healthy, and balanced lifestyle by showing how easy and delicious it can be. Her “healthified” versions of fresh and tasty dishes are guaranteed to make your taste buds dance and prove that healthy eating doesn’t have to be tasteless or boring!
“You have to do what’s right for you.”
Nikole’s philosophy is all about finding a balance that works for you. It’s about listening to your body, surrounding yourself with positive sources, limiting stress, and enjoying the foods you love. She doesn’t believe in dieting, calorie counting, low-fat, or sugar-free labels. She believes in taking a holistic and intuitive approach to living a healthy lifestyle both inside and out.
Nikole only started working full-time with YouTube this year, but already she’s had videos that definitely boosted her channel. She shares how important it is to schedule your blog content, have a reason behind your videos, have a bigger picture in mind. So, make sure you don’t miss out on this episode and listen in!
“Outsourcing and getting help from people is going to help grow your business.”
7 Key Interview Takeaways
- “Really take time to think about what your channel is going to be about.” Nikole advises to either find something you’re really passionate about that you’re never going to run out of ideas for or lose motivation for, or find an overarching umbrella theme that you can fit anything that you’re into.
- “Take time to plan and research your content.” You don’t want to copy what’s out there but at the same time you want to be aware of what’s trending and be able to leverage events and holidays. Once you do that, you can start to plan your blog content.
- Get out there and get noticed. Be active in the YouTube community and build relationships with other creators by leaving genuine comments on their channels and going to network events.
- Don’t go about doing things blindly. Have a business plan, a mission, and an end goal in mind.
- Outsource. As Nikole pointed out, “Outsourcing and getting help from people is going to help grow your business and make you more money in the long run,” because you’re going to have more time to focus on your content and even work with brands.
- Have a template for your videos. This will help make things easier especially if somebody else edits your videos for you.
- Understand what MCNs are all about and be clear with what you want. MCNs are not the best for everybody, but if you do decide to work with one, figure out a good compromise. As Nikole said, “You can’t be with an MCN and just think that they’re going to help you grow your channel. You have to do a lot of work yourself and just take your business in your own hands.”
Nikole’s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Nikole’s video: What I Eat In a Day at Work
Nikole’s Meal Prep Series
Nikki Phillippi’s Beauty and the Vlog Interview: How to Reach a Million YouTube Subscribers
Connect with Nikole
This episode is sponsored by Tomorrow Sleep. Their unique hybrid construction combines cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system in the perfect balance of cool comfort and support for real, restorative sleep. Enter promo code VLOG150 at checkout to receive $150 off purchases of $500 or more!