Newbie Success Reveals How to Get More YouTube Views – Part II
Newbie Success Reveals How to Get More YouTube Views with Shea Whitney – Part II: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 95
“If you see results, you will be motivated, and then you will keep going.”
YouTube newbies often struggle to stay motivated. It’s hard to get inspired when it feels like no one is watching your channel. But today’s guest gained traction quickly, earning 1,000 subscribers in the first month and adding another 1,000 per week since then. Curious how she gets more YouTube views?
Shea Whitney is an up-and-coming fashion and luxury YouTuber who started her channel just eight months ago, but has already gained an impressive 30,000-plus subscribers! Shea has grown her channel quickly – all while being a wife and mother of two AND working full-time as an HR specialist. She loves to mix classic and trendy styles, and Shea is a collector of high-end, investment designer handbags.
Today Shea offers tips and tricks for getting inspired, shooting quality videos and securing more views on YouTube!
8 Key Interview Takeaways
- ) Mirror the masters. Shea recommends subscribing to channels that are growing quickly (like Lydia Elise Millen) and applying what you learn.
- ) Try a new approach to giveaways by getting your viewers involved! Shea gained a number of subscribers when she offered a $100 gift card to the retailer of the winner’s choice.
- ) Invest in quality lighting, sound and editing equipment. Shae’s tools of choice include the Canon EOS 70D, inexpensive soft box lights, an umbrella light and Final Cut Pro.
- ) Save time with batching. For a clothing haul video, Shea films all of her item-by-item commentary in one sitting, then later records all of her try-ons together.
- ) Get video ideas from the compliments you receive. In addition to viewer requests and other YouTubers’ themes, Shea pays attention to the positive comments she receives from friends and acquaintances to generate new topics for her videos.
- ) Practice makes perfect. Consider rehearsing during your commute until you feel comfortable speaking to an audience on camera.
- ) Add a revenue stream with affiliate programs like rewardStyle or ShopStyle. Shea links items in her descriptions with appropriate retailers, and she earns commission on viewer purchases from rewardStyle.
- ) Tag brands for collaboration opportunities. Shea featured a Miranda Frye necklace in a favorites video and tagged the company on Instagram – which led to free jewelry, a discount code for her viewers and a 10% commission for Shea!
Shea’s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Connect with Shea Whitney