The Best Way To Get More Views On YouTube
Newbie Success Reveals How to Get More Views on YouTube with Shea Whitney: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 94
Most influencers start a YouTube channel because they want to share something they love with the world. Best case, you eventually earn an income through your channel and your passion turns into profit. But the only way to grow your channel is by getting people to click on your videos. Today’s guest is new to YouTube, but she has already had much success. Want to learn how to get more views on YouTube? Listen to the podcast episode or keep reading!
Shea Whitney is an up-and-coming fashion and luxury YouTuber who started her channel in September 2016. With 30,000-plus subscribers, Shea has grown her channel quickly – all while being a wife and mother of two AND working full-time as an HR specialist. Shea loves to mix classic and trendy styles, and she is a collector of high-end, investment designer handbags.
Today Shea reveals how she discovered an in-demand niche, how she earns money with her channel, and how to get more views on YouTube!
11 Key Interview Takeaways
- ) Get technical. Shea invested in a good camera and lighting from the very beginning, using YouTube as a resource to learn technique.
- ) Niche down with what you love. Although Shea likes to watch beauty and makeup videos, she has found her forte in filming luxury and styling videos – and those posts get more views!
- ) Schedule YouTube around your life. Shea has a family and a full-time job, but she devotes one evening per week as well as Saturday mornings to her channel.
- ) Keep the content coming. Although Shea doesn’t maintain a consistent schedule, she does make it a point to upload two or three videos per week.
- ) Give the people what they want. One of Shea’s first videos received thousands of views because it featured an iconic Louis Vuitton handbag that people were searching for.
- ) Grow your channel with quality and high-demand content. Shea attributes her success to tapping into a popular niche and producing polished videos.
- ) When things don’t go as planned, keep the camera rolling. Shea’s most successful video is an unboxing ‘gone wrong’ in which she receives a defective bag and calls the company right then and there!
- ) You don’t have to be rich to review high-end fashion. Shea does a lot of research and purchases ‘pre-loved’ items; she also reinvests the money she earns from her channel to buy designer pieces.
- ) Add a revenue stream with rewardStyle. Shea uses this affiliate program by linking items in her descriptions with appropriate retailers, and she earns commission on viewer purchases within a 30-day window.
- ) It’s all about the algorithm. Maximize watch time by saving the reveal for later on in the video.
- ) Learn what you can from analytics. Shea noticed the emphasis on a 48-hour time frame and experimented with uploading two videos in a 48 window – to great success and an increase in video views!
Shea’s Favorite Items and YouTube Tech:
Shoot me an email if you want a personal referral to reward style! email@example.com
Connect with Shea Whitney
If you haven’t already make sure you grab your YouTube tools guide below!