An Inside Look Into How YouTuber Emzotic Grew From 1,000 Subscribers to 300k in Less Than 8 Months: Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind Success Story – Part 1
An Inside Look Into How YouTuber Emzotic Grew From 1,000 Subscribers to 300k in Less Than 8 Months: Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind Success Story – Part 1 with Emma of Emzotic: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 119
“People are not always interested in my subjects, but I make them interested in it.”
Download the newest FREE Guide: How to Get onto PR Lists as an Influencer and get LOTS of FREE product
Have you ever thought of starting a YouTube channel but have no idea what to do or how to do it? Emma of Emzotic was exactly like that! Her Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind success story is something that we can all learn from — from how she failed in her beauty channel, to how she finally found her niche, to growing her subscribers exponentially in just a few months!
Emma is a 29-year-old ‘Animal Educator’ turned ‘Digital Animal Educator.’ Before becoming a full-time YouTuber, she used to travel all over the UK, giving animal themed presentations in schools with an array of exotic creatures. Today, she educates and entertains a larger audience with her vlogs as a ‘pet mom,’ as well as creating pet care tutorials. Her most requested and successful videos are her ‘Creature Feature’ series, where she picks a creature to deliver an in-depth fact file about.
Emma began to take her channel seriously in the spring of 2017 and grew from 1K subscribers at the end of May to 280K by December 2017. She recently moved to the United States to live with her partner who is a zoological specialist and splits her time between creating videos on YouTube and live-streaming with her animals on various platforms.
Emma’s Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind success story is a testament to the power of staying true to yourself. If you do, there’s no doubt you can take YouTube by storm!
“It’s a small world, you have to use your elbows a lot and make a space for yourself.”
8 Key Interview Takeaways
- Produce high-quality videos. People are looking for a pleasurable viewing experience, so if your production value isn’t there, people aren’t going to want to watch. That’s the reality of today. You really have to pay attention to detail.
- Bring your A game! Make sure you’re able to stand out. Emma notes that every little thing is deliberate. A lot of people are so amazing out there and so smart, that you have to be able to stand out and match up with them.
- Be clear on your purpose. If you really want to make an impact on YouTube and become a success just like Emzotic, a lot of it comes down to purpose. You have to really think about your purpose.
- Believe in yourself. Citing herself as an example, Emma says, “No one is going to believe in you for you.” You have to believe you can make this amazing space for yourself, then amazing things can and will happen.
- Do a Mastermind. Emma says the best thing she ever could have done was doing the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind. That made such a huge change in her channel and brought Emzotic to where it is today.
- Play to your strengths. Having a beauty channel isn’t the only way you can create an income for yourself. Just like Emzotic, there’s always something for everyone on YouTube. Emma says, “When you find your niche and you’re true to yourself and people are drawn to you and your passion and the way that you project yourself, brands do notice. And they’ll find a way to come to you and work with you.”
- Find your subject. Emma says, “When you really sit down and think, ‘This is what I really want to talk about,’ that is such a powerful thing because you can’t fake passion. You can’t feign interest.” Be true to yourself.
- Find your tribe. More than listening to content, people subscribe to people. People buy into wanting to be part of a person’s life. Nobody subscribes to a channel of a person they don’t care about.
Emzotic‘s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Apply to the wait list for the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind
15 Tips for YouTube Titles That Get Clicks
My favorite free SEO tool for YouTube: TubeBuddy
Getting Started on YouTube: The #1 Downloaded Free Niche Discovery Workbook
Connect with Emma from Emzotic
This episode is sponsored by Tomorrow Sleep. Their unique hybrid construction combines cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system in the perfect balance of cool comfort and support for real, restorative sleep. Enter promo code VLOG150 at checkout to receive $150 off purchases of $500 or more!