How to Get Subscribers on YouTube Fast – Part II
How to Get Subscribers on YouTube Fast with Kimbyrleigha – Part II: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 99
“You probably need to get on trends because those things are going to catapult you.” – Kimbyrleigha
If you’re wanting to go beyond posting videos on YouTube as just a hobby and actually make a career out of it, then this episode is exactly what you need! Having a successful YouTube channel doesn’t just mean having an outlet where you can pour out your creative juices to your satisfaction and being able to share that with millions of people. Just like Kimbyrleigha, a successful YouTube channel can afford you numerous opportunities that will eventually lead you to financial success.
“I would not venture off into things that I wasn’t passionate about.” – Kimbyrleigha
When Kimbyrleigha started her YouTube channel back in 2015, she was not only juggling a corporate job but also raising a 3-year-old daughter as a single mom. Even with all of that, she had no intention of making it as just a hobby. Kimbyrleigha wanted to make being a YouTube creator her new career.
Through her boyfriend, Kimbyrleigha learned about affiliate marketing and began researching it. Now, she’s affiliated with about 100 companies and approximately 80% of her income is from affiliates.
Kimbyrleigha always wanted to be an entrepreneur and she has been afforded that opportunity m among others, through doing YouTube. However, according to Kimbyrleigha, the opportunity to become a voice that people listen to has been the greatest opportunity so far. If you’re earning money on top of doing that, and doing what you love, what more could you ask for?!
5 Key Interview Takeaways
- ) Go live on YouTube. Because we’re now living in the realm of watching digital entertainment, YouTube has become increasingly competitive with other digital media websites. So, one of the things that YouTube wants video creators to do is for them to go live. Live video gets 40% more retention than normal videos.
- ) Make sure that if you’re going to work with any company, you always become an affiliate. When considering doing a partnership with a brand, most people get a little scared because they don’t know what to do. However, it’s actually very simple and it’s a necessity if you’re looking to earn money from your YouTube channel.
- ) Get your YouTube videos’ worth. Remember that if you do a sponsored video for a brand, you’re going to get paid a one-time fee but your video is going to be up for years. So, since your video is going to be up for years, you need to make sure you’re able to get that stream of income.
- ) Don’t be afraid to reach out to companies. Have a pitch kit and tell them all about yourself, what your worth is, and what you do. Kimbyrleigha says, “If they deny you, don’t get offended and just keep going and come back to them when you have more subscribers. It’s just business.”
- ) Try jumping on some of those trends. Getting on trends is going to catapult your channel because when you post something similar to what other influencers or creators are posting, YouTube’s Suggested Videos will start suggesting your content. Although it doesn’t always work, it’s worth a try.
Kymbyrleigha‘s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Connect with Kymbyrleigha
Other Episodes You Might Like
Make sure you check out our current podcast sponsor, Fashion Nova. They offer some of the cutest fashion items at incredible prices. Don’t forget to use the promo code “erika20” for 20% off your entire order! Also, if you’re a content creator or influencer, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them that I sent you for a chance to work with them.