An Inside Look Into How YouTuber Emzotic Grew From 1,000 Subscribers to 300k in Less Than 8 Months: Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind Success Story – Part 2
An Inside Look Into How YouTuber Emzotic Grew From 1,000 Subscribers to 300k in Less Than 8 Months: Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind Success Story – Part 2 with Emma of Emzotic: Beauty and the Vlog Podcast 120
“You have to follow your heart, not the trends.”
Download the newest FREE Guide: How to Get onto PR Lists as an Influencer and get LOTS of FREE product
If you’re looking to get inspired to take that step into the YouTube world and make your mark in the vlogging industry, then the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind success story of Emma of Emzotic is one that you should definitely listen to! In Part 2 of my interview with Emma, she continues to share with us lessons learned from her journey and how she overcame every challenge to get to where she is today.
Emma is a 29-year-old self-confessed lover of exotic animals. She used to travel all over the United Kingdom, giving animal themed presentations in schools with an array of exotic creatures. After making a life-changing career move and becoming a full-time YouTuber, she has become a ‘Digital Animal Educator,’ educating and entertaining a larger audience through her YouTube channel, Emzotic.
“The best thing that you can do is to embrace who you are.”
Emma enrolled in the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind and was able to open her eyes to her potential and the value of her uniqueness that she can share with the world. She has become that magnetic persona on camera who continues to build her tribe, attracting audiences of all ages from all over the globe! Now, Emzotic has nearly 300k subscribers and continues to take YouTube by storm!
“I’m not interested in building my numbers; I’m interested in building my community.”
9 Key Interview Takeaways
- Be committed to your channel. Try to emulate Emma’s commitment to Emzotic. Pay attention to the coaching you receive, observe what it takes to be successful, and make things happen.
- Look into how to make it as a YouTuber. Do your research and put your learning into action. Emma recommends watching all the big YouTubers who you enjoy watching and pick up some hints and tips that can work for you. Every little thing they do is very deliberate and watching their videos can be a very enjoyable learning experience.
- Make sure to get credit for your work. When other networks ask if they can feature your videos, make sure to tell them to give credit to your channel and put a link to your channel.
- Build your community. Emma shares, “People want more than just entertainment. They want to feel belonging. They want to feel part of a clan or a tribe.”
- Ask your audience what they think. According to Emma, “Engagement is everything. People want to be able to reach you.”
- Find a good collaboration. Emma points out, “YouTube has to be a group effort. Collaborations work.”
- Be careful of getting into a controversy. This could happen because of other people or other channels that you are associated with, that could cause you to lose your subscribers. Emma experienced it herself with Emzotic and says, “You will be affected by association if anything negative happens on their channel.”
- Maintain a healthy distance from your audience. Learn to draw the line with how accessible you are to people. Emma says, “You don’t want to give out so much of yourself that you’re absolutely exhausted at the end of the day.”
- Keep yourself motivated. Make yourself a vision board! This just might be the next most important equipment you need after your camera.
Emzotic‘s Favorite Items Mentioned in The Podcast!
Apply to the wait list for the Beauty and the Vlog Mastermind
Emma’s video: Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches as Pets
My favorite free SEO tool for YouTube: TubeBuddy
Getting Started on YouTube: The #1 Downloaded Free Niche Discovery Workbook
Connect with Emma from Emzotic
This episode is sponsored by Tomorrow Sleep. Their unique hybrid construction combines cooling high-density memory foam with a breathable, supportive coil system in the perfect balance of cool comfort and support for real, restorative sleep. Enter promo code VLOG150 at checkout to receive $150 off purchases of $500 or more!